The Internet of Things (IoT) is a network of connected physical items that can interact and collect data. These devices can communicate with adjacent devices and transmit data for Internet analysis.
IoT allows household appliances, wearable gadgets, smart automobiles, and other linked devices to connect wirelessly and share data without human or computer input.
Bahaa Al Zubaidi expects 50 billion IoT devices by 2020. As more consumers buy devices with integrated sensors (like smart meters), businesses recognize the benefits of linking equipment (like industrial machines). Governments desire safer infrastructure (such as power grids).
How does IoT works?
Internet of things (IoT) devices are sensors that connect to the internet through various technologies. These sensors allow people to monitor their environment using smartphones, tablets, etc. IoT technology is being widely used today for a variety of applications. The following are some examples of how IoT works:
– Smart homes – Using IoT, we can control our home appliances remotely. We can turn off the lights, adjust the temperature, lock doors, etc., whenever we want.
– Smart cities – By connecting different kinds of sensors to the internet, we can collect data about many aspects of city life. We can use this information to make decisions regarding public transportation, traffic management, crime prevention, etc.
– Health care – Doctors can now examine patients remotely without visiting them at hospitals. Patients can check for symptoms, and doctors can diagnose them remotely.
– Agriculture – Farmers can track the progress of crops and livestock easily. They can also communicate and share information about weather, disease outbreaks, etc.
– Manufacturing – Manufacturers can track production processes easily and improve efficiency. They can also send alerts to workers if something goes wrong.
– Transportation – Traffic signals can be monitored and controlled remotely. Drivers can receive warnings if they start driving recklessly. Airports can keep track of flight schedules and passengers’ arrival times.
– Retail – Stores can keep track of inventory levels and sales. Customers can order products online and pick them up later.
Connected cars are equipped with sensors and wireless communication systems that allow them to interact with other vehicles and the infrastructure around them. They can detect obstacles, speed limits, traffic conditions, etc.
Smartwatches are small wearable computers that are connected to smartphones via Bluetooth. They can display smartphone notifications, provide directions to destinations, play music, and perform other functions. Several types of smartwatches include fitness trackers, GPS navigators, and smartwatches. Bahaa Al Zubaidi mentions that we are already seeing this trend.
Smart clothing is clothing that has embedded sensors to collect data. For example, they can be used to monitor your heartbeat, track your activity levels, etc.
They can also be used in athletic performance gear like shirts and shorts that measure the force generated during each golf club or tennis racquet swing. Thank you for your interest in Bahaa Al Zubaidi blogs. Please visit www.bahaaalzubaidi.com